Post #26 made 12 years ago
Guess I need to introduce myself here!
Lambert's the name (family, friends and people who like beer normally call me Bertie) and I'm an alien (South African) living in Fife, Scotland. Done 16 BIAB's (Mini Maxi BIAB's) after starting with a couple of Wherry kits and a couple of extract brews. Work in Edinburgh doing Eye Tea stuff.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Swaziland

Say hi and where you're from in Europe.

Post #27 made 12 years ago
Hi all, I'm Jim. (there's always a Scottish Jimmy at the party). Making the move over to the dark side from extract and kits. New 60 Ltr kettle-converted fermentation bucket is now ready and the bag has been stitched by a local seamstress. The test boil went well so next Thursday morning is. BIAB AG #1. Gonna do a SMaSH.
Oh yeah, errm I live in Hythe, Kent about 70 meters from the sea, which means the water is harder than Mad Frankie Fraser so needs more chemicals than you can shake a stick at :-/. It's good for dark ales tho :-)
I have the recent water report for Folkestone, Hythe and New Romney areas if anyone needs it.
Anyone else in Kent?
Cheers

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.065777,1.078915

Post #28 made 12 years ago
Hello everyone, I'm Sam. Originally from near Manchester UK but now living in sunny Bournemouth. I'll be doing my first BIAB in a few days, something simple like a MO/Fuggle SMaSH, should be bloody lovely I tell thee! :drink:
[center]Brass Cock Brewery[/center]

Planning: The next big thing
Brewing: Trouble
Conditioning: My hair
Drinking: Those funny looking bottles under the kitchen sink

Post #29 made 12 years ago
Hi guys,
I live in Greece and I'm at one level before actual BIAB, I'm at BIMB(brew in many bags) because I don't have a big bag :)
It's kind of easier because of my lower back hernia too!

Post #30 made 12 years ago
kostass wrote:Hi guys,
I live in Greece and I'm at one level before actual BIAB, I'm at BIMB(brew in many bags) because I don't have a big bag :)
It's kind of easier because of my lower back hernia too!
Hi Kostas,

I'm from Istanbul I noticed that there are many Biabrewers and all grain brewers in Greece, can you find materials (yeast, hops, grain and sanitizers, equipment etc) there easily or do you order? If there is a good shop in Greece I can visit . Especially near Turkish border.

Thank you
Last edited by Kazan on 28 Apr 2012, 22:20, edited 6 times in total.

Post #31 made 11 years ago
Hi Everyone

I'm from Leicester, England and about to do a Timothy Taylor Landlord BIAB as my first brew. I've been doing extract kits for 18 months and after trying a fellow BIAB brewers beer I've realised it's the way forward. I've got a 40L urn, hessian sack and I'm just waiting for delivery of my wort chiller then it's brew time!

Can't wait....

Ady

Post #32 made 11 years ago
Hi AdyG

Nice brew the TTL hope it goes well. One point you said your bag is a hessian sack... do you mean the course brown sacking type stuff ?? :shock: I'm not 100% that that will work ok. I would have thought the weave would be too loose if you know what I mean. Can you post any pics ? (start a new topic under equipment)

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #34 made 11 years ago
Hi everyone,
I'm from Athens, Greece and my first BIAB attempt is coming in a few days.
We'll be in touch!
Cheers!
Slaves to the only god we know...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Greece

Post #36 made 11 years ago
Hello all, this is Colin, from County Carlow in the Republic of Ireland (and someone thinks Bolton is wet?). Really looking forward to this BIAB crack, and will keep everyone informed when I get there.

Post #38 made 11 years ago
Skink wrote:Hello all, this is Colin, from County Carlow in the Republic of Ireland (and someone thinks Bolton is wet?). Really looking forward to this BIAB crack, and will keep everyone informed when I get there.
Hello Colin,

Why is the Guinness so fantastic in pubs in Ireland? There's nothing like it! Guinness in Canada just isn't the same (I can hardly drink it) Maybe it is the Irish pub atmosphere with the singing and all. Maybe it's nice to be in the pub out of the soggy rain and Guinness seems to be the only thing people are drinking (I'm going back a few years...Maybe it's stopped raining there by now!). Is it nitrogen that does the trick?

Any tips on how to make something like it?

Out of interest, what kind of beer do you make/will you be making. What's a common home brew beer style in Ireland?

Can anyone else help with this also? It would be incredible to be able to make something like Irish pub Guinness.

Thanks
Last edited by GuingesRock on 08 Jan 2013, 18:38, edited 6 times in total.
Guinges

Post #39 made 11 years ago
Sorry GR, I'm just not experienced enough at beer making to tell you how to brew a good Guinness (well experienced in drinking it, though!) - I really come from a wine making background. Maybe the reason why Guinness tastes so good in Ireland is to do with the water supply, in the same way that the best British ales come from Burton because of the water. Auld fellas will tell you, as well, that Guinness doesn't travel well, and the only place to get a proper pint of the black stuff is in Dublin itself. I, however, work in a local club 60 miles from the Smoke, and the stout is heavenly - as one customer says, it's like drinking new milk! As for what I intend to make, I'll probably start with a bitter or pale ale, and work my way up to a stout, when I'm brave enough. Living in Ireland (and yes, it still rains a lot, mainly in days with a Y in them) and making a b***s of stout seems somehow sacrilegeous. By the way, we have some wonderful craft breweries over here now - just had a bottle of Blackrock stout, conditioned in the bottle, the other day, from a brewery in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. Absolutely gorgeous!
Oh, and Lars - Howya!

Post #42 made 11 years ago
Loads of new guys have joined recently and a good portion are Europeans, so say hello fella's and tell use where you are located. You never know your neighbor might be a Biaber..
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #44 made 11 years ago
Hello Enrico,

Italy! that’s really interesting. Never been to Italy but would love to go. Food, wine, and culture sound amazing. What’s the beer like?

I spent a lot of time in the south of France where my sister lives (Provence) beer didn’t seem to be high on the priority list there, with so much fantastic wine going on. What kinds of beers do you make or do you plan to make?

25 Kg LME to use up, so that’s about 100L of beer…shouldn’t take too long to knock that back :drink: :drink: :drink: :whistle:

I’m new to this but really helpful people here who will help you out.

You could hang on to the LME and get cracking with the BIAB, then if you have a yearning for one of your old extract brews, or need to make a whole lot of beer in a hurry for a big party or something you have some LME to fall back on.

Any way Hi, and glad you made it here! :peace:
Guinges

Post #45 made 11 years ago
GuingesRock wrote:Hello Enrico,

Italy! that’s really interesting. Never been to Italy but would love to go. Food, wine, and culture sound amazing. What’s the beer like?
Hi GuingesRock!
My region (Friuli) in right under Austria, so we have kind of an influence from austrian/german beers. Of course wine is the "main thing" over here, but in the last years we've seen the birth of a lot of breweries and brew-pubs.
Actually this is generally happening all over Italy, so I hope we're gonna see some serious stuff in the next years!
GuingesRock wrote: I spent a lot of time in the south of France where my sister lives (Provence) beer didn’t seem to be high on the priority list there, with so much fantastic wine going on. What kinds of beers do you make or do you plan to make?
Probabily you could find a deeper beer culture in northern and eastern France, close to the borders with Belgium and Germany.
As of me: I've brewed some bitters, stouts, triples, weizens and helles.
I think I should concentrate on three, maximum four styles and try to get the best out of them, but I also feel the need to experiment, so let's say that I haven't found my way yet :D
GuingesRock wrote: 25 Kg LME to use up, so that’s about 100L of beer…shouldn’t take too long to knock that back :drink: :drink: :drink: :whistle:

I’m new to this but really helpful people here who will help you out.

You could hang on to the LME and get cracking with the BIAB, then if you have a yearning for one of your old extract brews, or need to make a whole lot of beer in a hurry for a big party or something you have some LME to fall back on.
Well, I was thinking about that, but I don't want all of that LME to expire, so I prefer to use the most of it as soon as I can ;)
Anyway: summers are hot over here, and thirst must be fought :D
GuingesRock wrote: Any way Hi, and glad you made it here! :peace:
Thanks a lot and see you soon on the board :)
Last edited by BarbeIco on 21 Jan 2013, 15:28, edited 6 times in total.

Post #46 made 11 years ago
Thank YOU for the nice, and very interesting reply BarbeIco.

What is your Avatar? Don’t have to say if you don’t want to (just ignore this). Is that you dressed as a Martian? :)
Guinges

Post #47 made 11 years ago
GuingesRock wrote:Thank YOU for the nice, and very interesting reply BarbeIco.

What is your Avatar? Don’t have to say if you don’t want to (just ignore this). Is that you dressed as a Martian? :)
That's me playing with a swimcap :argh:
Here you can see the video my avatar comes from :D
WARNING: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (or at the pool, or anywhere else).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AencSIDWfY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That poor swimcap didn't last long :(

:D
Last edited by BarbeIco on 21 Jan 2013, 19:41, edited 6 times in total.

Post #48 made 11 years ago
BarbeIco wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:Thank YOU for the nice, and very interesting reply BarbeIco.

That's me playing with a swimcap :argh:
Here you can see the video my avatar comes from :D
WARNING: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (or at the pool, or anywhere else).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AencSIDWfY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That poor swimcap didn't last long :(

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Just watched your video clip BarbeIco That's Funny!...wife says "That's Cute!"

I think Lylo would like that one.

Don't suppose I could ask you to post the video on Members Stories and Pictures? I'm trying to get that going and I've run out of pictures of myself :)
Last edited by GuingesRock on 22 Jan 2013, 17:54, edited 6 times in total.
Guinges

Post #49 made 11 years ago
hi all
a bit late as i have hung around the forum for a few weeks now.I am Paul an englishman living for the past 8 years in Corfu Greece.I have brewed on and off 3 vessel for many years ,but I have only I test BIAB brew in a 40 litre boiler under my belt.I have converted a 70 litre stainless pot to electric so I can do double brew length.I have met only one other brewer here on corfu apart from the local craft brewery.
I originally came from near Ipswich Suffolk and brew mainly milds and bitters similar in style to my old local brewerys ,most of which no longer exit(Tolly Cobbold of Ipswich ,T.D Ridley of Chelmsford)

Post #50 made 11 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm from Portugal, and I'm a recent brewer, I've only made 2 kits. I'm trying to build an e-BIAB system, and I'm looking for a store to buy the heating element, do anyone know any store with good prices?

Return to “Europe”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests