My Favourite European Beers

Post #1 made 9 years ago
I've been wanting to start this thread for two months now! I had the following beer on my (second) fiftieth birthday celebration and it was the best American India Pale Ale I have ever had I reckon. American IPA but brewed in Italy by Birra del Borgo.
Re Ale Extra Resized.jpg
I had never seen it or heard of it before and they only had two bottles left :dunno:.

Today, I stopped at a bottle shop (BWS for Aussies) and found this 750ml bottle of their APA.
Re Ale Reduced.jpg
I am hoping it will be as excellent as the 'Extra'. If you are in Ozland, keep your eye out as they are discontinuing the line probably because they were $16 for 750ml. Now on 'special' at $14 :smoke:.

The pic and info below come from this page. Note the all late addition hops on the extra. Wow!
Re Ale info.jpg
So many brilliant beers brewed in Europe. Any others we should keep our eye out for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 09 Jul 2014, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:I've been wanting to start this thread for two months now! I had the following beer on my (second) fiftieth birthday celebration and it was the best American India Pale Ale I have ever had I reckon.
You are 100 years old? Wow. :thumbs:
Last edited by onkeltuka on 07 Sep 2014, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
"The rules for making hop additions during the boil are about as well defined as those for a knife fight." -Stan Hieronymus

Post #3 made 9 years ago
But seriously: those are some darn stylish bottles!

About European beers; If you have an opportunity to some time try Sinebrychoff's Porter, it's, to me, the quintessential baltic porter. I would like to learn to make a clone of it, and then add some twist to it.
"The rules for making hop additions during the boil are about as well defined as those for a knife fight." -Stan Hieronymus

Return to “Europe”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests