BIAB Kolsch Pictorial essay

Post #1 made 6 years ago
I had a post a couple years back, and people liked the pictorial. I have updated my website and the previous link was no longer functioning.
So I am posting my BIAB pictorial, and the updated link.
It is a Kolsch from scratch. Enjoy:
http://upcrafts.com/wordpress/brew-in-a-bag-brew-day/
I also edited the older post to have the new link.
Sorry if anyone could not find it...
Jerry
Last edited by JerryCraft on 08 Aug 2017, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer From United States of America

Re: BIAB Kolsch Pictorial essay

Post #2 made 6 years ago
Thank you JerryCraft for updating the excellent post - I was one who looked for it and thought I had imagined the doc who used the swimming pool as a heat sink/cooling source.

Getting wort below ~75 ºC to stop additional bittering by hops is not difficult; it is the final 15 or so degrees to get down to pitching temperature that can lead to a modified "no-chill" overnight. That works but it is unconventional.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 6 years ago
Jerry, did you come to the conclusion after using temp control that a cold crash after fermentation works great at getting rid of the trub, and no need to do the extensive filtering...? ;) Bet you did... :thumbs:

Pretty interesting thing with the pool. Must have a separate pump, small pump to circulate water. Think I read your post some months ago but didn't remember the pool water.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 6 years ago
Yes,
The pool filter has a diversion valve to use to empty the pool a bit after it rains, or to lower the water level for servicing. That has a standard hose valve and bib on it.
So while pool filter is running, you can use that hose bib just like a garden hose, only drawing water from the pool.
Then the water routed through the copper cooling coil is rerouted back into the pool instead of down the drain or into the street. ;)
Jerry
    • SVA Brewer From United States of America

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 16 guests