My First BIAB - Stove top 10 litre batch

Post #1 made 7 years ago
I have always brewed from kits – I got the bug from my Dad over 30 years ago, but hadn’t brewed for a while until 2 – 3 years ago. I could afford better kits now so started to use 2 can “premium” kits like Woodforde Wherry. I brewed this for Christmas 2015 along with a nostalgic budget kit for comparison. Both were drinkable but the Wherry was great – a beautifully clear, deep ruby red and somehow, they lasted until October.  Actually, there is still a bit of the budget kit left!
It struck me that kit brewing is a curious hobby – I spent a lot of time cleaning and sanitising but the creativity and crafting was limited to boiling a kettle twice and stirring with style.
I have been reading on the BIABrewer.info forum for a while and decided mini BIAB – 10 litre batches on the stove top would give me the opportunity to experiment with reasonable batches.  The attached file documents my experience of first time BIAB - any advice would be really appreciated.
Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • HME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 22 guests