Nsw Amateur Brewing Competition

Post #1 made 13 years ago
Copied this from another forum... I couldn't see it on here anywhere

Hunter United Brewers are pleased to announce that they will be hosting the NSW Amateur Brewing Championships for 2011. The competition will be the NSW qualifier for the AABC in Adelaide in October and will be held over the weekend of 27th & 28th August, 2011 at the following venue;

Hunter Beer Co at Potters Brewery
Wine Country Drive
Nulkaba NSW 2325

Judging will commence from 10am on both days.

ENTRIES WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY 17th AUGUST 2011

Entries can be dropped off at the following locations;

Daves Home Brew, North Sydney
Absolute Home Brew, St Marys
ESB, Peakhurst
Marks Home Brew, Islington

The competition will be held in conjunction with Maitland Hunter Valley Tourism and the Bitter & Twisted Beer Festival. This will include the Best of Show Beer being commercially brewed* at Murray's Brewery and will be showcased at the Bitter & Twisted Boutique Beer Festival at Maitland Gaol on the 5th & 6th November 2011. Other category winners will also be given the opportunity to re-brew their beer and have it showcased at Bitter & Twisted. A fantastic promotional opportunity for Homebrew and a big feather in the cap of any winner! Also, the brewer/s of the BOS beer will have their beer sponsored into the American Homebrewers Association's National Homebrew Competition.There are some great prizes on offer; further details will follow closer to the competition date.

Entries will be $7 per entry and will be judged to AABC guidelines. Full details and entry forms are available here http://www.hunterbrewers.com/forum/inde ... mpetition/

Any enquiries or any brewers who wish to volunteer or steward for the competition, can be registered at hubbrewingevents@gmail.com. Limited accommodation will be available at the venue and BJCP qualified judges will be eligible for subsidised accommodation from the host club. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers on both days, and if there are enough people interested, there is the possibility of a Saturday night event.

Good Luck All, and get brewing!
--------------------------------------

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.
Last edited by pimpsqueak on 23 Jun 2011, 09:00, edited 5 times in total.

Post #2 made 13 years ago
Thanks fo the headsup :)

Thinking of entering something
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Think I might have to have a go. For the prize on offer in return for a measly entry fee, I think at least I stand a better chance than winning powerball :)
Will be the first comp I have entered and only my 3rd all-grain beer.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 23 guests