Post #152 made 8 years ago
Hey all!

I'm in Osborne Park and started BIAB off the bat, skipping extract which in hindsight was pretty dumb. I've learned a lot from the vast forums out there but BIABrewer is by far the best for community and accurate information.

Obsessed with brewing I've pretty much brewed one beer every weekend since I started which totals around 25 or so. It's only recently that I'm getting into the swing of things although I still sometimes forget to turn on the timer for the mash or boil! :P

Please add me to the list!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #153 made 8 years ago
rickoles wrote:Please add me to the list!
You de man rickoles; it's been way too long since I maintained post #1.

That's great you managed to go all-grain from the start - impressive!

Look forward to meeting you at some stage in the coming year. :thumbs: :drink:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Feb 2016, 20:27, edited 10 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #154 made 8 years ago
I think this year, we'll just keep the Royal Perth Show thread here rather than starting a new thread...

[center]Royal Perth Beer Show - 2016[/center]
For we W.A. Amateurs, this event has become a great social event. Basically, if you enter one beer ($25) in this comp, you get two tickets to attend the tasting on Saturday 30th July (1pm to 4pm and then we kick on after). At the tasting, you get to taste all the amateur and craft and commercial beers. It is great fun and no other beer comp does that!!!

Anyway, just make sure you pay for one beer entry by 3rd June (see below), even if you don't enter a beer, so as you can join in the tasting at least :).

Looking forward to seeing some new faces as well as the regulars ;),
Pat

[center]Key Dates and Times[/center]
Friday 3rd June (4:30pm) - Paperwork Due. Can be done online here.

Tue 19th or Wed 20th July (10am - 4pm) - Bottles Due Deliver to Showgrounds.

Saturday 30th July (1pm to 4pm) - Exhibitor's Tasting at "Ellie Eaton Pavillion, Claremont Showground :party: :drink: :party:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 May 2016, 17:22, edited 10 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #158 made 7 years ago
Looking forward to joining the pilgrimage. Managed to recruit a handful of newbies to join me so should be a great day.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #159 made 7 years ago
Another year we can put under our belts ;).

Good job bundy. Sinkas wants more tickets. What sort of colour photocopier did you use? :lol:

Post #165 made 7 years ago
I think it was good... I just woke up :lol:.

Hippy, you could have scored a ticket from one of us :(.

The tasting tables were laid out a lot better this year so it was much easier to find beers by style.

I'll put what results I know of inhere shortly.

:party:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Aug 2016, 09:08, edited 10 times in total.

Re: Western Australian BIABrewers and Events

Post #169 made 7 years ago
Sorry you missed it Muggy.

Let us know next time you're down and we'll have a beer then ;)

Ended up with about ten of us. Tried Little Creatures new Elsie.It's an easy-drinking beer but with a lot of flavour. Should go down well with a lot of people who wouldn't normally delve into craft beer and, for those who do like craft beer, it's quite interesting and enjoyable. Little Dove is drinking well atm, much better than last time I had it.

Might have a tasting day here on the 15th or 16th April. Will post back here once sorted.

:peace:
Pat

Post #170 made 7 years ago
The Chapman Valley Show is on this September so I though now would be the time to get some brews together. My first time in any comp so it'll be an eye opener.
Four classes for entries;

Class 320 Lager
Class 321 Light Ale
Class 322 Dark Ale/Stout
Class 323 Wheat Beer

I reckon I'll give the Light Ale and Stout a good go.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #173 made 7 years ago
Between normal work and overtime I'll be lucky to sleep over the next few weeks. Can't see me getting down that way again until mid June when I go on holidays.
Work and family commitments are really stretching my time. Even having to pencil in brew days on the calendar now instead of just waking up in the mood.
Let me know of anything coming up though.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #174 made 6 years ago
Muggy and all, take note...

[center]Royal Perth Beer Show - 2017[/center]

Firstly, two key dates....

This coming Sunday (28/05/17) - Decide what you will brew or enter and submit those details via the RPBS website by 4:30pm.

21st June - This is the last delivery day, so make sure, if you don't already have something brewed, to get brewing in the next week or so.

A Bit About It

Look, unfortunately atm, there are other comps that will give you far more detailed feedback on your entry/s, but!!!...

No other comps have a tasting day where all entrants can come and taste all beers entered. You can also bring one other person.

Tasting Day - Showgrounds - Sat 01/07/17 - 1pm to 4pm

For most of us amateurs who enter this comp, the tasting day is the reason why. It's a great opportunity to meet fellow brewers, taste some great beers (and some bloody awful ones), and learn from each other.

Pre-Tasting Day - East Freo - Late June

Sometimes, we have a "pre-tasting" day at my place the week before the official tasting day and I'd like to do it this year so, if you'd like to attend that, let us know. (If you are also entering the show, bring a bottle of your entry along as you might get more accurate feedback on this day than you'll get from the comp. I'm being quite serious here.)

I already know Sarah, NME, sinkas, Lukas and I will be at the 01/07/17 tasting day and, they'll be keen on the "pre-tasting" as well so I'll get things firmed up on a pre-tasting soon.

:salute:
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #175 made 6 years ago
Late notice I know however, Case, Sarah and Lukas are going to bring their show beers round here this evening so, if anyone else wants to drop in (whether you are going in the show or not) let me know and I'll send you the address. Bring an extra bottle of your show beers and we can have a taste. If you're not in the show but have a bottle of something then tops!

I can drop entries off tomorrow if that helps.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests