Post #101 made 10 years ago
NME wrote:Hey has anyone organised a case swap for this year?? I haven't been on AHB in forever.
No, not that I've seen. I gotta say,last year was a bit iffy. I got a some nice beers, but a hell of a lot of average to undrinkable ones. Some weren't even filled completely to the top of the bottle.

Not sure I would be jumping at it again.
Last edited by Aces high on 14 Aug 2013, 22:11, edited 10 times in total.

Post #103 made 10 years ago
Sounds great mate ;). Could even have about ten people and swap two bottles each so as the same beer can be tasted on two different days - see if the beer tastes as good sober :). Or possibly get the numbers and timing so participants also have enough beer left to put into the show?...

Show needs say 3 * 700 ml PETS. If everyone else swapped 2 PETS, then if you brew 19 litres, ten people could go in the swap and put a beer in the show and still have about 4 bottles spare.

:interesting:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #105 made 10 years ago
[quote="PistolPatch"]Thanks for the heads up Stu ;). You going to Nev's on Saturday? If so, tell lukas to pick me up :lol:.

:lol: hey Pat hows things?
mate I would but I have been all other the place last few months so I don't have a beer for Nevs and got shit to do anyway.
we all need to catch up for some beers, Id have you guys at my place but still a mess (new house)

Post #106 made 10 years ago
I wasn't planning on brewing anything special for the show this year, but that could be the motivation I need :P

We'd probably look to having it in November I guess? Me, free time and October aren't going to get along this year ;) Happy to host something at my place if you guys are happy to travel. I always find myself having to make double batches for the bigger swaps, which is annoying ;)

Post #111 made 10 years ago
Swap thing sounds good. Maybe we can judge each other's beers and see how what we think compares with the judges? (Don't know why I am suggesting this because I have no descriptive skills at all!!)
lukasfab wrote: :lol: hey Pat hows things?
mate I would but I have been all over the place last few months so I don't have a beer for Nevs...
Just got off the phone to Nev and no beers are required. Anyone that does go should bring some sort of beer, commercial or home-brewed but thank the brewing gods, it doesn't have to be an English ale :thumbs:. Mind you, he reckons he has brewed a good English IPA. I do want to try that one.

Sorry that none of you guys can make it :sad:. I f anyone else wants to go though, send me a PM. The do starts at about lunch time and the location is near Bassendean.

Back to this Swap/Comp idea. I'll be in as long as, for this swap at least, we all also put the beer we enter into the Royal Perth Show. Doing this will create a few more meeting/educational points.

If we have ten people, then there might not need to be a Swap day for this year at least. I'd like one but maybe the primary focus should be, at least this year, on just the beer :scratch:.

If there was a major opportunity for the ten to meet-up then maybe this could be at the show? (I know you can't make this one Simon but it sounds like you have your hands full anyway :dunno:). I'm not talking about swapping beers at the show either - I have never been able to get a program home. Getting myself home has even often involved some difficulty :smoke:.

Anyway, I am just floating ideas. In an ideal world, I would want to swap at Stu's, all catch up at the show and then do an overnight post-mortem analysis of our beers at NME's.

;)
Pat
Last edited by PistolPatch on 15 Aug 2013, 21:01, edited 10 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #112 made 10 years ago
sounds good guys!
don't worry Pat, no wheat beers :)

shit wouldn't mind trying Nevs English IPA
Pat will let you know if anything changes and I can make it but it doesn't look like it :sad:

Post #113 made 10 years ago
Yay! No wheat beers!!! :lol:

Please do let me know if your plans change mate ;).

That last post of mine here was a bit rambly - probably drunk :). I'm happy to go in a swap even if we don't put the beers in the show. Could be an interesting exercise though to see how our thoughts compare with the judges :think:.

Post #114 made 10 years ago
yep, your right PP, it was a bit rambly :sleep: Just joking.

I still reckon we need to catch up for a swap day, it cant be too hard can it? Looking at the judges comments for last years show day they were minimal to say the least. It would be good to get a bit more feedback from other brewers. Like AHB we can start a thread and post comments as we taste them.

Having said that, my palate's crap and you'll only get "tastes good" or "tastes bad" from this swap day judge, but I will do my best.

I did ask the missus just in case and we can have a swap here if it comes to that. Otherwise i'm not sure how we're going to get all the beers in one place to perform the swap.

Post #115 made 10 years ago
Go Mrs Aces :thumbs:. She is ace :lol:.

Maybe we could plaster that wall too while we get plastered? :lol:

Yep, the judges comments last year were incredible. I think they were massively under-staffed. I'll be the same as you on my comments though Stu as I never know how to describe a beer either.

What do you think about timing it so as beers can be entered in the show if someone wants to?

:peace:

Post #116 made 10 years ago
What about the 19th of October?

that way its just before the last delivery day to the show and we've got 2 weeks before the show tasting day.
Ok, i'll have to see all your ugly mugs for 2 weekends in one month, but I reckon I can manage.....as long as there is enough beer around :peace:

Post #118 made 10 years ago
Sorry for the slow reply Stu. Sounds great to me. I know October is crap for NME but maybe he can still put a beer in?

sinkas will also go in it but he'll brew on his 3V system or maybe I can lend him a bag. I've told him he has to brew a 1% ABV beer of 5 IBU's. That way we'll probably end up with about a 7%'er of 70 IBU's :lol:.

Are we going to be able to get 10 brewers in do you think?

Aces high
nme (hopefully)
lukasfab
sinkas
PistolPatch

Post #119 made 10 years ago
I'm not keen on entering the show this year, but I will because making this sort of deal out of it sounds fun. Might actually be able to make an appearance on the 19th too.

I met a dude a work last week who's a few brews into his BIAB adventure. Mind if I invite him along??

I've got a Honey Porter which is tasting the goods. Will tweak the recipe and use that :)

Post #123 made 10 years ago
I think we missed NME's post in the excitement of Oktoberfest :P. (I still have to read the links on that.)
NME wrote:I'm not keen on entering the show this year, but I will because making this sort of deal out of it sounds fun. Might actually be able to make an appearance on the 19th too.

I met a dude at work last week who's a few brews into his BIAB adventure. Mind if I invite him along??

I've got a Honey Porter which is tasting the goods. Will tweak the recipe and use that :)
Sounds great Simo,

I'm pretty sure that Stu or anyone else wouldn't have any worries with your mate joining in the Swap. What name should Stu give him? (I'm assuming he would be putting a beer in not just coming to the swap?)

Also, Stu, is it time to start a separate thread on this swap thing?
Last edited by PistolPatch on 23 Aug 2013, 06:16, edited 10 times in total.

Post #124 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:I think we missed NME's post in the excitement of Oktoberfest :P. (I still have to read the links on that.)
NME wrote:I'm not keen on entering the show this year, but I will because making this sort of deal out of it sounds fun. Might actually be able to make an appearance on the 19th too.

I met a dude at work last week who's a few brews into his BIAB adventure. Mind if I invite him along??

Sounds great Simo,

I'm pretty sure that Stu or anyone else wouldn't have any worries with your mate joining in the Swap. What name should Stu give him? (I'm assuming he would be putting a beer in not just coming to the swap?)

Also, Stu, is it time to start a separate thread on this swap thing?
certainly no problems from my side, PP you've seen the brew shed and backyard, we have no shortage of space. Anyone that wants to bring along a keg for general drinking is welcome and Im sure i'll have a couple of options on tap as well. I don't have a problem with anyone just coming along for a beer on the day. Just give us a heads up as to whether you want to swap or just attend

Yeah probably a good time to start a new thread.
Last edited by Aces high on 24 Aug 2013, 21:10, edited 10 times in total.

Post #125 made 10 years ago
Only about one day left to register...
Dear Patrick

Entries into the 2013 Perth Royal Beer Show close this coming FRIDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 2013 at 4.30pm.

There will be NO EXTENSIONS this year.

Don't miss out! Enter Cecilia Crawford
Perth Royal Beer Show Coordinator
The Royal Agricultural Society of WA
Tel: (08) 6263 3156

online or download the forms from: http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/best-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /beer.aspx

This is an automated email, please disregard if you have already entered.

Kind Regards,

Email: beer@raswa.org.au
Last edited by PistolPatch on 04 Sep 2013, 22:17, edited 10 times in total.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests