Stone Tasting - Thursday

Post #1 made 10 years ago
I'll ask a mod to move this after Thursday but...

There is a tap take-over by Stone on Thursday at my local pub.

Anyone - What are your favourite Stone beers?

Apparently there will be twenty Stone beers on tap. Have you got a favourite we should try?

Details for Perth Brewers

Thursday at the Sail and Anchor in Freo all day but we'll be getting there about 6pm. Final details to follow but post here if you are coming.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 21 Apr 2014, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 10 years ago
Hopefully they have a fresh batch of 'Enjoy By ...'

One of my favourite Home Brew recipes, won a BOS with it. Such awesome hoppy goodness, would love to try the real deal!

SO jealous! Enjoy!!!

EDIT: It's an IPA by the way. A big one :thumbs:

Post #4 made 10 years ago
Stone really likes Chinook hops, I've noticed. I love Stone, great brewery.

Their Pale Ale is forgettable.

Regular IPA is a staple in my house. The Cali-Belgique IPA is the same recipe with different yeast, and also really good.

Ruination is great.

Sublimely Self Righteous (Black IPA) is my favorite offering of theirs.

RuinTen I wasn't impressed with at all, but hey it's still a great pour.

The latest Enjoy By IPA is fantastic, but the date is expired now I think (4/20).

I wanted to like the Go To IPA, but it was very unbalanced on the bitterness side. Nice at first, then gets dry and oniony/garlicky at the finish. Blech, not a fan of the overly bitter beers without adequate malt support. This might be okay to start with, but stepping down on this after a maltier beer is gonna be a bad time. (Levitation Ale fills this session ale gap better, in my opinion).

Arrogant Bastard is just okay for me, but the Oaked version is awesome.

It's not season for the Vertical Epic beers, so I doubt those will make an appearance. I couldn't stand those, but others seem to really like them. They are too sweet and spiced for me.
Last edited by Rick on 21 Apr 2014, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 10 years ago
I really didn't dig the Oaked version of Arrogant Bastard :P

I'm looking forward to Sublimely Self Righteous on tap. I love this beer a lot!

Post #7 made 10 years ago
Should be fun!

Aces and Doogie can't make it due to family commitments or something but don't worry, I have asked their partners/wives and they sound ultra-keen. One said, "Anything just to get away from this drunk for a few hours."

:interesting:

What time are we starting?
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #8 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Should be fun!

What time are we starting?
I would say 6pm which you first suggested. That's my plan anyway.

More importantly though (especially for us newbies)

How do we know who we are looking for? Are you going to wear a Bright Green Shirt with BIABrewer.info emblazoned across the back Pat?

Or should we all wear a piece of Swiss Voile around our wrists? :lol:
Last edited by bundy on 24 Apr 2014, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #9 made 10 years ago
Just heard from PP he is incomunicado for a while and a asked me to forward a message to all,

Looks like most are getting there around 7, PP is trying for 6.30 but may not make it till 7

Bundy, I.ll be in freo having a bite from 6, give me a call on 04#######1, I'll definitely recognize PP and probably some of the others

Post #10 made 10 years ago
Thanks Steve, I think I'll play it smart and have a feed first also.

I'm "relying on Public Transport to get me down there so when (if) I arrive in one piece I'll give you a buzz

;-)

Cheers

Post #11 made 10 years ago
Just wanted to say thanks for the good company last night. As for the beers not something I will be adding to the must have list, but maybe that's just me. Kebab to top it off wasn't too bad either!

Anyway good stuff, look forward to the next one. :thumbs:

Post #12 made 10 years ago
bundy, great to meeet you :thumbs:. How was sinkas? :lol: It's usually him getting me homw from those events - hahaha. Great as usual to catch up with you others as well :party:.

Rick, thanks for your post above as well. Funnilly enough, it was such a busy week for me, I somehow thought that Stone meant Sierra Nevada (there's a brewery over here called Stone and Wood that makes a briliant APA as well). So I walked in expecting really nice fresh AMrican hops in the beer*. That just didn't happen for me so I'm with bundy, I really didn't get too excited on any of the beers. I'm pretty sure the others really did enjoy them though.

* As a matter of interest, the kegs were brought over from the east by train which was de-railed. They sent a truck to pick the kegs up and I think they only arrived at teh pub at 3:30 pm yesterday. I doubt the train would have been refrigerated. Sierra won't let their beers over here unless they are refigerated.

:peace:

Post #13 made 10 years ago
I personally loved the beers! Sublimely Self Righteous on tap was great!! And the Espresso Stout was killer too.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 10 guests