Post #2 made 11 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sydney brewers are great fun! Lots of good ones there. I'll be back in my hometown on Thursday 20th September, would love to come along and should be able to rustle up a few of them. That's eight weeks away though :think:. Hopefully there are a few brewers here that can stop you talking to yourself until then :P. If not, maybe I can put you in contact with the ones I know?

20th September sounds great for me though :thumbs:,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 11 years ago
Just missed it. I just got back from Sydney and I was walking around darling harbour last thursday night trying to find some craft beer. Ended up at the pump house. Slim pickings but they had a good Jaipur IPA on tap, then had 2 and the keg ran out :cry:

Post #5 made 11 years ago
Haha isn't that always the way :idiot:

I havent been to the pumphouse, they have had a couple of things on tap lately that i wouldnt mind trying but it looks a bit cold and up itself. I should give it a chance though!

Let us know next time your wandering around the rocks Aces :drink:

Bek

Post #6 made 11 years ago
Aces high wrote:Just missed it. I just got back from Sydney...
Great to have you back Stu ;). But... surely you will be due for another Sydney visit on the 20th Sept? Can you think of a tax-deductible excuse?

Bek, I'm flying in on Thursday and staying with one of my many favourite sisters. I felt a bit rude not having my first night with her family but rang today to double-check I am good to go. I am - no problem! (She appreciates our beer sommunity ;)).

I'll keep working on Aces ;) and will start to rouse some of the other brewers up.

:peace:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Aug 2012, 22:38, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #9 made 11 years ago
Hey PP,

Always try to get there by 5 ( doesnt always happen!) they have a happy hour 4-6 (insane really!)

Nobody turned up again so im sitting in a corner drinking a Nogne O imp stout while reading a book on homeopathy!!

Harts have just put in 2 handpumps so they are pretty awesome.

Bek

Post #10 made 11 years ago
I thought it was a beer club Bek, not a book club :lol:. At least you had good beer there ;).

Just received an email from one of the guys I asked to come along on the 20th and he was at Harts for the launching of the hand pulled pumps. Rob is good to go for the 20th and is going to rustle up a few other brewers who are good fun. One of these is a pro brewer, very funny and who I have wanted to meet for ages.

Will send off a few more emails over the weekend.

PP

Post #11 made 11 years ago
Ive had enough sydney for a while, One sales conference & 2 family funerals in 4 months is enough and the wife's grandfather's on shakey ground right now as well.

Anyway, the 20th of September I'll be hitching up the motorbike and riding out to the south australian border to meet some mates before touring back through the south west of WA. I'll probably be wishing I was sitting at harts after the first 6 hour leg.

Sounds like a great pub though, will definitely check it out next time. I wish i'd done a bit more research before last visit.

Post #12 made 11 years ago
:o Didn't know about Mrs Ace's grandfather :dunno:. Motorbike trip sounds fun though :P. We'll have a drink to your comfort :lol:.

Post #13 made 10 years ago
Late notice I know but Bek, Rob, Monique and myself will be at Harts tonight (Thursday 16/01/14) from 7.

Send me a PM if you can make it and I'll give you some contact details.

Post #14 made 10 years ago
Before I get stuck into any other threads here, just wanted to say I had a great time in Sydney and the most fun of all was at Harts. Thanks Bek (stoutgirl5) and Rob (pomo) and Monique for a great night :peace:.

When it came to Bek's shout, she asked Rob and I to leave the choice of beer to her. She came back with the Madhatter IPA. That is an incredible beer. We never tried anything else after that :interesting:. There were though, heaps of other amazing beers there and I now know why Bek tries to get there once a week :peace:.

Other great beers I had while in Sydney were...

1. Feral Sly Fox (brewed in WA where I live): This is a full on fascinating beer. Think of it as an American Blonde Ale. I bought two bottles in Sydney and they were great. Available at BWS. (Bought another bottle here in WA yesterday. Still excellent but not quite as good as the one I had in Sydney. Go figure?)

2. Balmain Pale Ale: This is an APA and was excellent in the bottles I had in Sydney from BWS. But, spent $18 on a four pack to take to my sister's last night so as my brother-in-law and nephew could share my joy. It was really ordinary though. All the freshness and excitement of a great APA was gone :sad:.

Good lessons in the above for me. Sometimes someone will tell you a beer is excellent and you taste it and think it is crap. The beer probably is excellent if it gets to you in good condition.

:dunno:
PP

Post #15 made 10 years ago
Hey folks,

I'm new to sydney (from canada) and just got in to brewing. Any clubs or meet ups around the city? I joined the ISB google group, but I'm always interested in meeting the like-minded. (I'd also like to have some of my beers interrogated)

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests