Deleted replys

Post #1 made 10 years ago
I'm new to the site and I replied to a question concerning fermenting in a keg with no-chill. I have been doing this for over 2 years but my reply was deleted because it was contradictory to the advice given by the oldtimers-moderators. I thought this was a forum for the exchange of brewing techniques, etc. Obviously, I was mistaken. My bad.

Post #2 made 10 years ago
steamyb, your post above was referred to me by a moderator as they could not find any mention of you in our logs. I have checked the Admin logs, Moderator logs and user logs and your name does not appear at all.

I don't think a post has been deleted here in the last 12 months without notifying the poster. In fact, I don't think any post has been deleted on this site in the last 12 months. If so, the poster would have been advised.

If we wanted to get rid of posts/threads, we would just delete threads like this when they appeared. When I saw your thread it had only had 2 reads and is now only up to 9. It just doesn't happen.

My suggestion would be for you to re-post your point of view here, provide an approximate date when you first posted and preferably provide a link to the thread you were replying to. This would help us to re-post your thoughts.

Fair eNuff? :)

Post #3 made 10 years ago
steamyb wrote:I'm new to the site and I replied to a question concerning fermenting in a keg with no-chill. I have been doing this for over 2 years but my reply was deleted because it was contradictory to the advice given by the oldtimers-moderators. I thought this was a forum for the exchange of brewing techniques, etc. Obviously, I was mistaken. My bad.
steamy, fermenting in a keg and no-chilling have been discussed here in several threads. I've replied myself in such threads. Mad_Scientist ferments in a keg although I have no idea if he no chills or not? I don't think anyone is for or against these things and I read nearly everything posted on this forum.

Maybe start a new thread on the topic as I don't think there has been any one thread here that deals with both issues above simultaneously :scratch:.

Are you sure you posted on this site? (I can't even remember a post/thread on fermenting in a keg and no-chilling?)

The only posts or threads that I have ever noticed disappear here were in the early days and they were just plain inconsiderate or abusive ones.

So, post your thoughts again I reckon ;). Why not?
Last edited by PistolPatch on 25 Oct 2013, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 10 years ago
If there is no record of me or my posts then I guess once deleted- you stay deleted. If you can't find it, I sure can't. I only wanted the OP to know that they could ferment in a keg. The concern about reverse pressure in the keg is easily overcome with low pressure CO2. On the down side- cleaning the keg is a hassle from the krausen, but it is still easier for me than a carboy (I can get my hand in a keg). The gas-in disconnect has to be disassembled, cleaned and sanitized also. But it's all good.
I have learned a lot at this site and I hope you folks continue to spread the word on BIAB. I will continue to refer folks here because you have the most info (although the BIABacus is extremely intimidating). BIAB is a KISS process, at least to me anyway.

Post #5 made 10 years ago
I've just removed two posts from this thread and copied them to the Moderator's forum as they lacked the quality we expect here. This is rarely done and has not been done since March of this year.

steamyb, if a post is deleted or moved or even edited a record is automatically made in a log. A history of edits is also automatically recorded but if a deleted post is to be kept, it must be manually moved off the main forum such as I have done in this thread.

As pointed out above, there is no motivation for any moderator or administrator to delete a post such as yours. I think that what has happened to you is that you made a post and then pressed Submit. While you were writing your post, someone else had probably done a post. In this situation, your post appears on your screen and looks very similiar to a submitted post but there is a message that also appears saying something like, "Someone has made a post recently. Would you still like to submit this message?" Unless you confirm, your post will not be submitted. It is easy to make this error. The same error could also easily occur by pressing Preview instead of Submit.

Let's all get back on track please.
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests