Post #76 made 11 years ago
No problems,

Just worked through it, I came here to learn and did not mind where I started, and registration section contains a lot of info, so it was as good a place as any.

Took about two days start to finish (forgot my first post :) ).

Great forum, love it, and REALLY appreciate the time more experienced brewers take to share their knowledge.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #78 made 11 years ago
Wow - seems like I'm joining a secret society, but hey reading about the amount of effort and time that's gone into this I'm certain it's worthwhile.

Kudos to you all - loads of info and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mark :thumbs:

Post #79 made 11 years ago
Hi,

I didn't find the registration too taxing, although I'm not sure all the information sunk in. It looks to be a fantastic site with plenty of quality information. Really looking forward to spending more tim here at the site!

Cheers,

Erl

Post #81 made 10 years ago
1. Was the time it took to go through the process worthwhile?
Yes, definitely. After lurking a bit, registration was a must for me. I likely would not have registered if there was a fee to unlock basic amenities (e.g. avatars).

2. Did you cheat? :)
I don't know what this means.

3. Did you learn anything?
Considering I know very little, and am taking the time to set myself up for success prior to using BIAB it's easy for a guy like myself to learn something. Anyone claiming to not learn anything here, didn't look hard enough, or is just plain closed minded. This BIAB "rabbit hole" is pretty deep, and I appreciate the level of detail and nerdery. I'm choosing the red pill, if you know what I'm saying.

4. What impression did it leave you about the site culture?
Passionate, welcoming, helpful, tolerant. Bunch of great writers on here, also. I find it very easy to absorb the information.

5. Should we change anything?
My post count is low, but my reading hours are relatively high, and I would say "nope".
Last edited by Rick on 25 Jun 2013, 00:19, edited 11 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #82 made 10 years ago
The registration process was extremely easy. I am very happy it was not so restrictive like most sites.
Example - Your password MUST contain this and this and one of these. BAH I HATE that.
also love how you did not force me to open up my email to confirm by clicking on this and it
opens a dozen windows, etc. I can't wait to start reading, posting and becoming more experienced at BIAB.
Thanks for having me. P.S I did not cheat. :salute:

Post #83 made 10 years ago
Registration process? I seem to have missed that part. I signed up and gave details but that took very little time at all.
Yes, although I don't recall it taking very long (registered a week or so ago)

Cheat how? I don;t remember there being a test (did I miss something?)

That's the whole point of joining :-)
I am a member of the UK HomeBrewForum as well, but it never hurts to have more information available.
I don't recall registering leaving me with any real impression of site culture. That said, I have read a fair few posts and it seems like a good, supportive and informative site. Nice :-)

Nothing I have yet spotted...

Post #84 made 10 years ago
Took barely any time at all to register so that was easily worth it. The time delay for approval was fine too, I spent that time looking over existing posts.

Nope.

Yep, I'm mostly read up on the BIABacus, I'm pretty excited about it.

Amazing culture, you guys seem super helpful and really make a bug effort.

No

Post #85 made 10 years ago
Hi everyone,

I"ve just registered in anticipation of *finally* setting up my own little brewery here in Hobart (where it will brew almost literally in the shadow of Cascade's lovely old buildings).

The registration process is very reasonable, I think. As one of the admins posted below, setting up a vibrant and constructive forum is a difficult thing to do. The expectation here that you do just a small amount of exploring before becoming registered is hardly onerous, and yet likely to help self-select participants in a healthy way. From what I've seen so far, it seems to work :)

So, from my very newbie perspective, I wouldn't change anything drastically. My one suggestion - based again on a post below - would be to add a 'why can't I access this file?' response - if such a thing is possible! - which points out the registration process those who have jumped straight to the Master Guide and similar resources. I wonder whether any frustration there might be about the registration requirements might stem, not so much from the process itself, but from not quite understanding what needs to be done, and why (and where). The process itself is easy, and if you're interesting in brewing, should even be fun!

All the best from Hobart,

J

Post #86 made 10 years ago
Hello,
New to the BIAG community, not a new brewer, still not what I would call an advanced brewer.
Registration was easy, just the time delay.
I work and live in upstate NY, near Rochester.
Found the site via a link at the AHB forum where I was researching BIAG.
I think this is a great site, it is amazing the talented people sharing their expertise and tools.
It's been about 5 years or so far my wife and I have been brewing / fermenting; all grain, extract, mead, fruit and ciders.
Currently I am working, 3rd party contract at a large company.
Looking forward to trying BIAB

Regards,
John

Post #87 made 10 years ago
To me registration was a cinch . I did not have any problems or concerns. Guess I'm just one of the weird ones ! :lol: :lol:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #88 made 10 years ago
Yes it was. The information on the site is great but the contributions from members (pics, files etc...) brought be fully in and it's worth it.

I assume this means did you read the rules and starting area topics? No I did not cheat, it was an education.

It seems like every thread and post I am learning something.

Knowledgeable brewers, very helpful and provide thorough explanations. One thing that was refreshing is that there was specificity/evidence and not just opinion behind some advice.

Not a huge deal but the current forum software/theme is quite basic, could use an aesthetic upgrade.

Post #89 made 10 years ago

It was a little lengthy but it certainly reinforced the importance of the culture this site strives for.

Nope

Not about brewing in particular. More about the site.

I got the impression that this site takes the provision of high quality BIAB information very seriously. It also left me wondering if I would have "fun" in the conversations.

Make the reading more concise.

- SudsEvangelist

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests